Home > CYSS
Donna Kirby School Age Center
A Safe and Fun Learning Environment
Important Changes to Kentucky Child Care Council (3C's) Assistance Program.
Please click here and take a moment to fill out a quick survey.
The Donna Kirby School Age Center (SAC) Program is dedicated to supporting Families by providing age appropriate, educational, safe and supervised out-of-school option for 1st-5th grade youth. SAC is accredited through The Council on Accreditation (COA) in the following four service areas:
- Sports, Fitness and Health Options
- Life Skills, Citizenship and Leadership Opportunities
- Arts, Recreation, and Leisure Activities
- Mentoring , Intervention and Academic Support Services
4-H and Character Counts affiliations incorporate fun, diverse and youth driven activities. Coupled with the above, a safe supportive environment and staff provide the springboard for youth to reach their fullest potential as capable, competent and caring citizens.
Fun, Educational and Recreational Activities:
- Technology Lab
- Homework Center
- Electronics Center
- Science Area
- Manipulatives Area
- Drama and Dance Area
- Art Area
- Games Area
- Library Area
- Outdoor Playground
After School 4-H Clubs:
- 4-H Community Club (Grades 3-5): Club members take field trips to volunteer for local community service projects. Life skills are gained through teamwork, citizenship, and business meetings. Youth learn record keeping and how to run a monthly business meeting with other 4-H clubs in attendance. The club visits the Child Development Center and elderly community members to help with art projects, reading and playing learning games.
- Cloverbuds (Grades 1-2): This 4-H Club focuses on improving social skills, working as a group, and hands-on activities as members “learn by doing”.
- Technology Club (Grades 4-5): Youth become knowledgeable in basic computer operation, internet safety, Microsoft Word, graphics, digital cameras, camcorders, and the proper handling of software while members of the 4-H club.
- Cooking Club (Grades 1-5): This 4-H Club experiment with recipes, as members learn about nutrition, sanitation, food safety, ingredients, measuring, and teamwork.
- Photo Club (Grades 1-5): 4-H Club members learn to use different types of cameras, to include digital cameras and various types of film. The youth will understand how cameras work and photo taking, color, lighting and photo display methods.
- Fine Arts Club (Grades 1-5): Club members learn the basics of fine art through painting, 2 and 3-dimensional art, color, famous artists, sewing, and music appreciation through this 4-H Club.
- Sports Club (Grades 1-5): 4-H Club members learn the basics of a variety of sports, positive interactions, and physical fitness techniques.
Registration/Program Fees/Snack and Meals
FREE registration can be processed at:
Parent Central Services
1384 Chaffee Ave.
Fort Knox, KY 40121
All fees are set using Department of Defense, Army Child and Youth Services policies and guidance.
FY13 Fee Chart DOWNLOAD
Army Family Covenant/Deployment Benefits DOWNLOAD
CYSS Registration Packet Infant-5th Grade ACCESS VIA WEBTRAC
- FREE USDA breakfast and an after school snack are provided daily during AM and PM programming throughout the year.
- FREE breakfast, lunch, and snack are provided during fall, winter, spring, and summer intercessions.
Eligible users include dependents of Active Duty Military, Department of Defense Civilian employees, and Contractors who register with CYSS Parent Central Services.
After School Transportation to Fort Knox CDC, SAC, and MST Programs is available. Please contact each program for additional information.